Adding Site-Wide Content
From time to time you may want to add content to all of the pages in your shop. For example, you may want to add an image into the content header of all pages which advertises an upcoming sale.
This can be done by adding content into your shop’s master pages. Anything added to your master pages will show on all pages by default. You can then optionally hide the content on individual pages if required.
Let’s add a sale announcement to all pages in your store.
- Go to the shop management area and click on Settings.
- Click on Master Pages.
- Note that there are three master pages, header, page and product. Header master pages contain items that are displayed on the header of every page. This is, for example, where your shop’s banner is defined. The page master contains items that will be shown on all non-product pages. The product master contains items that will be shown on all product pages.
- Click on Edit PAGE MASTER.
- Click on the Text button in the content header.
- Type in a message that you would like displayed on all non-product pages in your shop.
- Click FINISH.
- Preview your shop. You will see that your message is displayed on all of the non-product pages in your shop.
Hiding a Master Page Content on a PageThere may be times when you want a master item to be hidden on particular pages.
- Navigate to the page for which you would like to hide the item.
- Click on Show/Hide MASTER in the content header.
- Check Never show master items on this page for this area or un-check the box next to individual items that you would like to hide.
- Click FINISH.
- Master page content for the content header will now not show on this page.