PayPal is an online transactional facility that enables you to receive credit card payments immediately from your customers. Once a customer has chosen to buy an item(s) from your shopping cart, Storbie takes them through a checkout process and then redirects them to PayPal to make the purchase. The customer is then returned to your site once the sale is complete.
Your customers' experience:
You can easily transfer money from your PayPal account to another online bank account at any stage. Or you can use your PayPal balance for your own online purchasing, including your monthly subscription to Storbie.
PayPal account details
- Set up a Paypal Business Account: When you click ‘Set up my PayPal account now’ link you will then be automatically taken to the PayPal website. (See related section below).
- Set up instant Payment notification: This enables your PayPal account to ‘talk’ to Storbie so that your Storbie site can receive purchase information from PayPal. (See related section below).
- Set up the character encoding: This adds support to PayPal for customers with international characters in their name (e.g. é)
- Enter your PayPal account: This completes the integration.
Setting up your PayPal Business AccountTo set up your PayPal business account start here, click on the button Sign Up For Free indicated in the image below and then follow the step by step process. It will only take a few minutes.
Setting your PayPal account to talk to Storbie (IPN)
- Log into your PayPal business account
- Click on Profile and then select Profile and Settings
- Click Selling Tools on the left.
- Scroll down to the Getting paid and managing my risk section and click Update next to the Instant payment notifications item.
- Click ‘Choose IPN Settings’.
- Copy/paste the following URL into the textbox (this must be entered exactly):
Make sure that ‘Receive IPN messages’ is selected and click Save.
- Ensure that the confirmation screen says that Instant Payment Notification (IPN) is now “on” and that the URL is correct.
Set the correct character encodingA further change is required inside your PayPal account to fully support customers with international characters in their names. e.g. accented and Chinese characters.
- While still logged in to your PayPal account, click on Profile.
- Click PayPal Button Language Encoding at the bottom of Selling Tools.
- Click More Options.
- Then select UTF-8 in the Encoding drop down.
- Ensure that Yes is selected for the question: ‘Do you want to use the same encoding for data sent from PayPal to you (e.g., IPN, downloadable logs, emails)?’
- Click Save.
Adding your PayPal details to Storbie
- Return to your shop, navigate to the Payment Methods page and enter your PayPal account (email address).
- Select whether you would like to adjust the cost of the order when a customer chooses this payment method or whether you would like the cost to remain the same
- Click Finish
- Once these steps have been completed correctly, integration with Paypal is complete. Don’t forget to publish your changes to make the new payment type available to your customers.