Product SalesProduct sales are promotions that automatically put a set of products on special during a particular time period. For, example you can discount all of the products with the tag 'Christmas' by 20% on Christmas day. Product sales show up in your shop just like product specials do, showing crossed-out standard price and the sale price underneath it.
Product sales can be used to provide an incentive for your customers to buy specific stock during a limited time period.
They can also be used to put all of the products in your shop, or all the products with a specific tag, on special without having to edit each products special price individuality.
Example - 20% Off Sale:
- Go to the Manage area.
- Click on Settings tab.
- Click on Promotions & Coupons.
- Choose that you want to add a product sale.
- Enter an internal name that you will use to identify the promotions and an external name that your customers will see in their cart and on their invoices.
- Click NEXT.
- Enter the dates for which your promotion will apply. If you want it to apply until you manually disable it, leave the dates blank. You can also specify that you want the promotion to start or finish at a specific time of the day.
- Click NEXT.
- Enter the discount as a percentage or as a dollar discount off the unit price. You can choose to apply the discount only to products with specific tags if you wish. Alternatively you can apply the sale across all of your products.
- Click FINISH.
- Go to the Products tab within the Manage area and ensure that all of the products that you are putting on special have the required tags.
- The special price will now be displayed throughout your store on the specified products.