CouponsCoupons are like Cart Discounts except that in addition to other criteria, the customer must also enter a coupon code in the checkout for the discount to apply.
By sending your customers a one off coupon you can provide an incentive for your customer to come back and purchase from you again. Coupons can also be used to track the impact of your advertisements. For example, if you were to hand out pamphlets that have a 10% discount coupon on them, you would be able to see how many orders used the coupon code and therefore were influenced by the advertisement.
Example - Create a coupon that provides a 20% discount on products with a specific tag
- Go to the Manage area of your shop
- Click on the Settings tab
- Click on Promotions & Coupons
- Select Add a Coupon.
- Enter a name for the coupon code and click next.
- Type in the name of a code or, if you have a number of single-use codes, click on 'There are a number of single-use codes' and paste them in.
- Optionally, enter some text that explains to the customer any special conditions of the coupon. This text will be displayed to the customer when they enter the coupon code.
- Click NEXT.
- Enter an expiry code for the coupon and click NEXT.
- Enter criteria for the coupon and click NEXT.
- Enter a discount percentage or a dollar discount off each unit price. You may also choose to limit the discount to products with specific product tags.
- Click NEXT.
- Test the coupon by viewing your store in preview mode and adding some products to the cart. You will notice that the customer is now prompted to enter a coupon code in the checkout.