Google Analytics Integration
Google Analytics is a free service provided by Google for reporting on the visitors to your website. For example they provide reports on how many people visited your website on a given day, which pages are the most popular, what countries they visited from, etc.
To set up Google Analytics with your site:
- Visit Google Analytics (https://www.google.co.nz/analytics) and set up an account.
- Look out for the page titled Tracking Code. This will display your unique tracking code. It will look something like: UA-1234567-01.
- Enter your Storbie shop's Manage area.
- Go to the Settings tab
- Click on Analytics in the left hand menu.
- Click on Edit Google Analytics settings.
- Click NEXT.
- Enter your Google Analytics tracking code.
- Click FINISH.
- Publish your changes and you are done. User activity in your shop will now start publishing into your Google Analytics site.
Google Analytics ecommerce tracking
Ecommerce tracking records a bunch of really useful information about a customer’s journey through your site to purchase. For example, you can see which gallery they have added a product to the cart from, the prices of items they have chosen and their progress through the checkout and payment gateways.
The ecommerce reports in Google Analytics allow you to analyse purchase activity on your website. You can see product and transaction information, average order value, ecommerce conversion rate, time to purchase, and other data.
You will also need to take the following steps to enable ecommerce tracking in your Google Analytics Account.
- Log in to your Google Analytics account
- In the lefthand side menu, select Admin
- Ensure that you have selected the right view in the view column (usually this is "All Web Site Data)
- In the View column click E-commerce settings.
- Toggle on Enable E-commerce and select next step
- Enable Enhanced E-commerce Reporting,
- Click Submit.