Configuring Shipping Charges & Delivery Times
Your first consideration when setting up shipping charges for the first time is to define the shipping methods
for each shipping group
in your chosen shipping profile
and the associated shipping charges and estimated delivery times. These shipping methods
are defined in your DEFAULT shipping variation
- Firstly, go to the settings tab of your shop’s Manage area, then click on Shipping on the lefthand side.
- If you have not set up any shipping methods yet then all of your shipping groups will display the message ‘Free shipping, and shipping time not displayed to customers’.
- Click on Edit Shipping for the shipping group you’d like to set up shipping methods and prices for.
- Click on ADD SHIPPING METHOD.
- Type in the name of the shipping method such as Tracked Courier or Pick Up as well as a description that describes the shipping method to your customer.
- Type in your estimated delivery time frame for this service. This will be displayed to your customers during the checkout process. If you don’t want to display a delivery time frame then leave this as 0 to 0.
- Enter a per order and per unit cost. The per order cost will be applied once for every order and the per unit cost will be applied for every unit purchased. If more than one per order cost applies to a single order then the highest will apply.
- If you would like to provide your customers with alternative shipping methods to choose from, add them as well.
- Click FINISH.
- Repeat this process for all of the shipping groups that you deliver to.