Product OptionsYou may want to provide some options for your customers to choose from when purchasing products, such as whether the product should be gift wrapped or not. These are distinct from product variations and SKUS. Product variations and SKUS are for when each options requires you to stock different products as they are different sizes or colours. Product options are intended for times when you would like to offer the customer an option which could be applied to any variation of the product at the time of sale, such as gift wrapping, what kind of box it comes in or whether the customer would like to purchase an extended warranty.
We will add a gift wrapping option to one of our products now.
- Go to the Manage area of your shop and click on Settings.
- Click on Product Options in the left menu.
- Click the button named Add PRODUCT OPTION SET.
- Enter ‘Gift Wrapping’ as the product option set’s name.
- Click NEXT.
- Add two options, one named Not Gift Wrapped and one called Gift Wrapped. Change the Gift Wrapped option to a standard adjustment type of $2. This will add $2 on to the price for gift wrapping.
- Click Finish.
- Decide on a product that you would like to have this option and navigate to its product detail page. You can either do this by clicking on the product within a product gallery or by going to the product page in the manage area and clicking on the product there.
- Click on the THIS PRODUCT menu at the top of the screen.
- Click on Edit Stock and Pricing.
- Click NEXT to move to the product options step.
- Check the box next to the Gift Wrapping product option.
- Click FINISH.
- The option is now available for your customers to choose when buying this product.